Race'em or Wreck'em Rules - Sun. Sept. 30th
2nd Annual Race'em or Wreck'em will be held on Sunday Sept. 30th at the Farley Speedway!
DEMOLITION DERBY RULES & REGULATIONS
All drivers must be 18 years or older or have written parental notarized consent to be albe to participate. Proof of legal driving age is required.
The pit area will be restricted to participants and pit crew only. No one under the age of 14 will be allowed.
Any fighting or drinking in the pit area will subject the offender, and the car he/she is associated with, to suspension depending upon the seriousness of the incident and the decision of the officials. the driver/owner of every car is responsible for his pit crew and ther conduct. (This does include fans and family in the grandstand.)
Drivers will not be allowed to get out of their cars on the track to agrue or discuss any situation with the flagmen or officials. Also, drivers will not be allowed to unfasten their seat belts and helmets to work on cars. (Violations of this rule will result in disqualification.)
Any disagreement over technical questions or racing operations will be resloved by the racing officials. When their decision is rendered such decision is final and binding!
If any car gets past inspectors illegaly or is modified to be illegal before raced will forfit any and all prize money along with any entrance money.
BEFORE ENTERING THE GROUNDS
All glass and mirrors inside and out must be removed. (windshields optional) Glass not allowed in door panels, trunk must be cleaned out.
All chrome aor plastic trim and moldings must be removed. (Including plastic grills, taillights and parking lights).
All trailer hitches and braces must be removed.
Absolutely no profane words or suggestive pictures will be allowed on your participating car. This is a family type entertainment and you will not be allowed to participate if profanity or any type is used.
All cars must have 10-12 inch cut in roof bent up with your number painted on both sides. Also must have a number on both front doors and be at least twelve inches in height. all numbers must be in bright contrasting colors. this is for scoring purposes and is a must! If we can't read your numbers you will not be scored.
Advertising on your car is welcomed. The most unique painted cars will be in the best decorated contest. Winners to be determined by fan appluse, so bring your friends and family to cheer you on!
All drivers must wear a helmet with eye protection and a seat belt. shoulder harnesses are required to prevent facial and chest injuries.
Mandatory that driver wear long sleeves and gloves while in car. Also pit crew must wear shirt and shoes, pants while in pit area.
If you remove your seat belt or helmet, or leave your car for any reason during the demo, (exception if your car is on fire or unless authorized by an official) IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION WILL RESULT!
The driver's door may have support for the driver's protection. Reinforcement materials cannot extended more than 2 inches beyond the outer limits of the upright doors posts. (we suggest using the foam padding from the back seat on the inside of driver's door).
NO drinking of alcoholic beverages!!!!!
DEMO RULES: WELD. NO-WELD. SMALL CAR
1. Cars and station wagons only. No 1967 or older T-Birds, Lincolns, or 1973 and older Imperials. Nos switching front stubs.
2. Suspension must remain at standard height with no spacers, stops or blocks, or reversed spring shackles used to raise or lower car.
Torsion bars my not be adjusted to raise or lower car. Shocks may not be welded, strapped or blocked for, functioning. Spring leaves may not be welded, and no more than 4 bands (original size) allowed on each spring. Rear springs and rear end may not be tied to frame. Locked rear ends optional. No wire or chains from rear ends/springs to body or frame. Stock type springs only. No truck springs.
3. Fenders may be cut to outer diameters of tires. Bumpers ends may be cut. Bumpers shocks may be welded. NO BULL WORK!
4. Trunk lids must have two holes cut in (size of footballs or bigger) for inspection of trunk area.
5. Trunk must be empty / no added ballast. No trunk pins can be connected to the frame. no wires, straps or chains from trunk lid to turnk floor.
6. All cars must have a hood and they must be securely fastened down, they also must have holes (size of footballs or bigger) for inspection and fire extinguishers access. Also you may be asked to removed hood for more of total inspection. No hood pins can be connected to the frame. Hoods may not extend to front bumper. Hoods on in original position only.
7. If wiring or chaining hoods or trunks, use no larger than #9 wire or equivalent size chains (this means dog chain not log chain). You may have total of 2 chains or 3 strands of wire on the trunk and same for hood. NO BULL WORK!
8. It is mandatory to have your trunk lid chained down with one loose loop of chain to prevent your trunk from being popped open, and preventing you from seeing behind you.
9. If using wire in windows use no larger than #9 wire, and no more than 3 strands in each opening. No wire in front door windows openings, left or right. Wires can not go though floor or around frame.
10. Radiator must remain in front of engine / original position. Radiator support must remain in original position. No auziliary coolers (tranny coolers). No reserved water tanks. NO BULL WORK!
11. Battery may be moved to inner car area, but must be fastened securely and covered with foam, inner tube, or plastic. Nor more than two regular automotive batteries or on e cat battery.
12. Original gas tank must be removed. A supplement tank (maximum 6 gallons capacity) shall be placed and must be fastened securely in the rear passenger area, and covered with foam, inner tube, or plastic.
13. Engine must be in original location. However you may inner-marriage motors with different body styles.
14. Tires must be D.O.T. passenger car maximum 6ply. Any tires with markings ground off are illegal. Also no tires inside of tires. Nothing inside tires except air. except fron wheel drive classes.
ADDITIONAL RULES FOR INDIVIDUAL CLASSES
You may wire or chain bumpers, Shock bumpers may be welded.
One brace allowed between doors behind seat, or you may put bar from floor to door post and across dash in front of driver for safety only. No cages. No other welds are allowed. If found, car automatically goes in weld class.
The maximum chain size is 3/8" and must be bolted on only. bring extra chain and wire to track for emergency purpose.
No mor than 10 screws of bolts on any hood, trunk or door. Foam in doors only. No foam in trunk, wheel wells or under hood.
If welding hoods, trunks, or doors, weld may be no longer than 4" and they must be spaced one foot apart. No rods used for welding may be longer than 4".
Driver's door may be welded solid.
Steel straps used to weld trunk shut, may not exceed 2" wide x 114" thick x 6" long and you are allowed only two. This also applies to station wagon tailgate.
SMALL CARS (TWO CLASSES) NO PACERS. 104in. WHEELBASE
You must have one piece of channel iron pipe, or steel bar mounted on left side of door for driver's protection.
Any factory 4 cyl. cars
V-6 or in line 6 cyls. allowed only if they are front wheel drive.
4&6 cyls. card DO NOT have to move gas tanks if tank is in fron axle. Foam, sand or double tires okay on small cars only.
You can put a bar from door to door, also across dash in front of driver.
We will also have Special Heats for small cars if enough entrees.
FIGURE 8 INFORMATION
2 CLASSES: One for the pros and one for the amateurs.
PRO CLASS: Any cars that is legal and runs at Figure 8 tracks.
AMATEUR CLASS: Race your demo car in this class and demo it later. No roll bars required. Driver should be reinforced for drivers safety. See above rules for demo classes.
Then rules and / or regulations ser forth herin are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptabel for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation of these rules is left to the discrectionof the officials. Their decision is final!
Trailer Race Class
Only 6 cyl. or 8 cyl. cars, vans, trucks, blazers, suburbans, etc...
All glass must be removed except windshield (optional)
Stock gas tank must be replaced by a maximum 6 ga. boat tank.
No empty trailers! (call for clarification or ideas)
No manure spreaders, farm equipment, or home made units.
All trailers must be approved by speedway.
Ball and chains only, No direct bolt hook ups.
Must wear helmet, long sleeves, pants, No open toed shoes.
Doors must be chained and or welded shut.
Must be 16 years of age or older to compete.
Must have own car and trailer.
No hitting in drivers door.
May only go around the track counter clock wise.
Get of the track if you loose your trailer.
Do Not damage the race track, if you are stuck relax we will get to you!
Object of the race:
This is not a race!
Knock your competitors trailer off his/her car.