CHASE FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP GUIDELINES
FARLEY / WEST LIBERTY / DUBUQUE
1. Point standings for all divisions will be reset after the last point night in July.
2. 11th place and below will remain with the same point total as before the point reset.
3. The point leader will be reset with a total 80 points greater than the 11th place position point total.
4. Each position below the leader will be reset with 3 less points per position through 10th place.
5. Ties for position within the tip 10 will not be broken under a tie-breaker system. A tie for position will result in all drivers with the same total being given the amount of points for the position they are tied for. (Example: A tie for the point lead would give both drivers 80 points more than the 11th place driver, with 3rd place being 6 points behind the tie for the lead).
6. A two way tie for 9th, a thre way tie for 8th, etc., will still constitue 10 cars for point reset totals.
7. A tie for 10th will result in the point leader getting 80 more points than the total for the first car behing 10th place cars. All cars tied for 10th will then get reset with 10th place points.
8. Any driver 80 points or less behind the leader the leader will be reset a part of the top group and be three points behind the position ahead of them. If this occurs, the leader will be 80 points ahead of 11th for reset purposes.
PROCEDURAL CHANGES BEGINNING WITH 2007 SEASON
We will be using a one week point average instead of a four week average. Your finish on any week will be your point average position for the next week. If you miss a week, you will lose your point average.
YOU COULD BE THE LUCKY DOG!
We will be instituting the lucky dog program in feature races only. If a driver, for whatever reason, should end up a lap down, and the caution flag appears, the first driver a lap down will be given a lap back. Keep this in mind if you should get a flat tire or whatever, don't just put your car on the trailer, do your best to get your car back on the track, you could be the lucky dog!