Back to Rules index
2 Man Cruisers
1. Body and Frame: Any 1960 or newer American made passenger automobile. NO Mustang, Firebird, Camaro, or tubular chassis allowed.
2. Bumpers: Front and rear bumpers are mandatory. Sharp edges are not allowed. Tubular front and rear bumpers are permitted, must be bent to fit and must be covered by molded plastic nosepiece and/or tailpiece. Bumpers must be mounted frame end to frame end. Bumpers must be hollow. Front and rear bumpers must be capped to the fender.
3. Roll Cage: Minimum 4 post roll cage. 3 door bars on each side with minimum 18 gauge (.049 in.) steel door plates. Must use (.095) wall tubing that is at least (1.666) inch diameter for main cage and door bars.
4. Safety: Racing seats required. Minimum 4 point safety harness, 5 point recommended. Approved window nets required on both sides. All glass and flammable material MUST be removed. NO MIRRORS. Neck brace and certified racing helmet required- must be Snell SA2005 or better. Fire suits and gloves required for both driver and gasman.
5. Gas Pedal: Must be on gasman side only.
6. Fuel: Pump gas, racing fuel and E85 allowed. NO alcohol, Nitro, or Oxygenated fuels. Fuel cell must be approved and mounted in trunk area. NO homemade fuel cells.
7. Brakes: Brakes on all four wheels must work. Rear disk brakes are allowed. All calipers must be OEM. Aftermarket brake pedals allowed, but brake bias adjustment must be out of reach of driver and gasman.
8. Tires: DOT approved (NO SNOW TREAD) or American Racer G60 kk704/ IMCA Hoosier G60-15, or Southwest Speed 26X8X15. Rims must be steel. Bead locks allowed on all wheels.
9. Drive Shaft: Must be painted white and have a loop mounted 6 in. from the front of the driveshaft.
10. Weight: Must be painted white and be mounted with 2 1/2 in. bolts. Car must weigh a minimum of 3200 pounds at the end of the race with driver and gasman inside.
11. Suspension: Unaltered approved OE. Exception is upper A arms may be replaced with tubular uppers.
12. Shocks: Stock mount shocks. Minimum 4.5 in. OD springs. No weight jacks. Adjustable spring cups and racing springs are allowed.
13. Rear-end: Stock rear-end may be replaced with Ford 9 in. Must be mounted in factory location. Floaters are allowed.
14. Engine: 400 cubic inch engine maximum. Only one carburetor allowed.
15. Car Numbers: Must be clear and visible and highly contrasting. If scorers can't read your numbers, you will not be scored.
16. Racecievers: Are Mandatory.
17. NO claims No protests
18. This class in NOT a Demo Derby. Rough driving will not be tolerated. 2 transgressions and you will not be allowed to participate.
19. We want the racing to be competitive. If you are lapping the field we will make you add weight or run a smaller carburetor.
Any Questions contact:
Kerry Davis 319-361-3789
Keith Simmons 563-744-3620