Darren Mish Scores Biggest Win Of His Career in Bud Shootout At Dubuque Speedway
Dubuque, Iowa:The Dubuque County Fairgrounds Speedway hosted the Bud Open Late Model Shootout Series as the Labor Day Holiday Weekend was in full swing. An Outstanding field of 43 quality Bud open Late Models signed in looking to walk away from the night $6,000 dollars richer.
When the checkered flag waved on the 50 lap feature it was Dickeyville, Wisconsin driver Darren Mish scoring the win. The $6,000 payday was the biggest to date for the popular driver from just across the border. The feature took the green with Gary Webb establishing himself as the man to beat as he rode the hot line on the high side of the smooth high banked 3/8 mile Dubuque Speedway. Webb built a comfortable lead but as the race went on he began to develop handling problems. Mish was able to reel in Webb just as the race became 30 laps old. Mish was able to get by Webb on lap number 35 and went on to record the 50 lap feature win. Several changes were seen in the running order over the last ten laps and when the checkered flag fell it was fellow Wisconsin driver Dan Shelliam crossing the line in second to Mish. Keith Foss ran up front all race long and settled for third ahead of Denny Eckrich and Dave Eckrich.
Ron Barker added another feature win to his resume on Sunday night in topping the 20 lap Modified feature. Barker shot to the front and led the race from lap number 2 to the checkers. Larry Herring came from the back and took second at the checkers ahead of Skip Culbertson.
Bobby Moyer scored the 15 lap feature win in the Pro Stock division. Jimy Brokus ran second to Moyer on Sunday night.
Jason Rauen completed a perfect weekend with the Hobby Stock feature win. Jerry Merkes took second ahead of Jason Reichers.
Ted Engler (The Flying Tattoo) scored the B-Modified win marking his first ever feature win. Jacob Seegmiller took second ahead of Ken Boyes.
Becky Roth scored the 10 lap Farley Flyer win getting to the checkers ahead of Joe Zrostlik and Brian Kammerude.
The Dubuque Speedway’s next event will be the first annual “Rumble by the River” on Friday and Saturday, October 1st and 2nd. The 2 day special will be headlined by 100 laps of Late Model feature racing on Saturday, October 2nd.
Dubuque County Fairgrounds Speedway Results 9/5/04
Bud Open Late Model Shootout
1.69 Becky Roth-Cuba City, WI
2. 50Z Joe Zrostlik-Long Grove
3. 55 Brian Kammerude-Hazel Green, WI
4. 12 Mike Nihles-Lancaster, WI
5. 25 Brian Klein-Cedar Rapids
6. 00 John Flury-Epworth
7. 6R Rusty DeShaw-Farley
8. 41L Tim Lindholm-Mineral Point, WI
9. 8 D.J. Laughlin-Davenport
10. 01J Jeremy Campbell-Dubuque
11. 5N Curtis Nesteby-Dubuque
12. 92R Steve Raymond-Freeport, IL
13. 46 Anthony Petty-Dubuque
14. 9Z Scott Coulson-Zwingle
15. 92 Don Raymond-Freeport, IL
16. 20F Tom Bertjens-Dubuque
17. 9C Willy Campbell-Dubuque
18. 26 William Jester-Dubuque
1. 70 Ted Engler-Dubuque
2. 7J Jacob Seegmiller-Dubuque
3. 1 Ken Boyse-Key West
4. 5 Ed Clancey-Dubuque
5. 31 Jason Roth-Hazel Green, WI
6. 88 Jeff Moore-Hanover, IL
7. 30 Bob Silaggi-Freeport, IL
8. 86T Shawn Thomas Jr.-Dubuque
9. 99.3 Eric Glendenning-Darlington, WI
10. 23 Brendon Driscoll-Preston
Iowa Illinois Taylor Insulation Late Models
Bud Open Late Model Shootout
1. 50 Denny Eckrich-Tiffin
2. 90X Eric Pember-Pittsville, WI
3. 95 Keith Foss-Winona, MN
1. 41 Mark Teske-Spring Valley, MN
2. 08 Mike Miller-Leaf River, IL
3. 38 Gary Crawford-Independence
Hollywood Graphics Fast Dash
50 Lap Bud Shootout